Standing Committees play a key role in ensuring that EU decisions and regulations on food and feed safety, animal health & welfare and plant health are practicable and effective.
The Commission may consult the relevant regulatory committee on measures it is planning. The Committee can then deliver an opinion to inform the Commission's work.
Committees are made up of representatives from EU governments and public authorities.
Standing Committee on the food chain and animal health (SCFCAH)
The Committee's mandate covers the entire food supply chain - from animal health issues on the farm to the product on the consumer's table - helping the EU deal effectively with health risks any every stage of the production chain. It is chaired by a European Commission representative.
- Standing Committee meetings 2014[ Updated 18-12-2013 (provisional, regularly updated) ]
- Standing Committee meetings 2013[ Updated 08-11-2013 (provisional, regularly updated) ]
- Standing Committee meetings 2012[ Updated 03-12-2012 ]
Agendas & minutes from past meetings on:
- general food law
- biological safety of the food chain
- toxicological safety of the food chain
- controls and import conditions
- animal nutrition
- genetically modified food and feed and environmental risk
- animal health and animal welfare
The SCFCAH was set up by Regulation 178/2002 on food law and food safety
Other standing committees
- Plant health (SCPH)
- Propagating material and ornamental plants (SCPOP)
- Fruit plants (SCFP)
- Agricultural, horticultural and Forestry Seeds and Plants (SCPS)
- Community plant variety rights (SCPVR)
- Zootechnics (SCZ)
- Regulatory Committee 2001/18/EC
Agendas & minutes