Policy decisions affect everyone. Often one may miss the opportunity to influence those decisions because it is difficult to know how. DG Health & Consumers has set its consultation commitments and practices in a Code of Good Practice for Consultation of Stakeholders.
It aims to ensure that the consultations you take part in are as effective as possible, and that a consistent and predictable approach is followed across the Directorate General.
- Gives you a chance to shape policy, the evolution of your profession, your community or society as a whole;
- By letting us know what is happening in your part of Europe, you can point us in directions that we may not have thought of.
Make your voice heard on-line
Anyone can respond to on-line public consultations on policy. Public consultations are launched in the preparatory stage of a proposal when the policy options are still open.
Not all consultations are public. Some are targeted at specific stakeholder groups, especially when they concern very technical policy proposals.
Feedback helps you understand how your input was used after the consultation closes.
We commit to:
- Publish all contributions to a given consultation on our website;
- Publish a report with the analysis of the contributions after each consultation;
- Inform you about the next steps in the process;
- Organise follow-up meetings where relevant and for policy initiatives with a broad impact.