ECCG - sub-group on energy
The ECCG sub-group on energy is a consultative body representing energy consumers in the Citizens' Energy Forum since 2007.
The Citizens' Energy Forum is a regulatory forum focusing on the implementation of electricity and gas markets legislation and improving market functioning for the benefit of consumers.
How does it work?
The ECCG sub-group on energy meets 3 times per year:
- Before and after the Citizens' Energy Forum in Brussels;
- 1 meeting during the Citizens' Energy Forum in London.
Members are experts on energy from European consumer organisations appointed by the ECCG.
- Gives opinion on energy-related policy issues and proposes actions for the protection and empowerment of energy consumers to the ECCG and the Commission;
- Advises the ECCG on energy and consumer issues;
- Raises consumer problems and solutions at national level e.g. industry practices in the area of energy markets and market performance for consumers;
- Exchanges information, good practice and expertise with consumer organisations.
Opinions of the sub -group on energy do not reflect the opinion of the Commission or its services.
- New energy strategy - 2010
- Complaints handling in energy - 2009
- Council conclusions on "EU Energy Policy for Consumers" - Dec. 2010
- More on Energy