Advisory Group on the Food Chain and Animal and Plant Health
The Advisory Group ensures that the Commission's policies on food and feed safety take account of the opinions and needs of consumers, farmers, the food industry and retailers.
It provides the European Commission with views on:
- labelling and presentation of food and feed
- food and feed safety
- human nutrition in relation to food legislation
- animal health and welfare and plant health .
- Discussion of general policy issues at twice-yearly plenary sessions
- Consideration of more technical issues in ad-hocworking groups, to which representatives of non-member organisations may also be invited.
45 stakeholder organisations representing farmers, the food industry, retailers and consumer organisations
- Decision creating Advisory Group - 2004
- Decision on the members of the Advisory Group - 2011
- Background paper on Advisory Group and food-safety stakeholder consultation
- Advisory Group's rules of procedure
- 4 April 2014: Agenda - Summary Record
- 22 November 2013: Agenda - Summary Record
- 26 April 2013: Agenda - Summary Record
- 26 November 2012: Agenda - Summary Record
- 16 March 2012: Agenda - Summary Record
- 14 November 2011: Agenda - Summary Record
- 14 March 2011: Agenda - Summary Record
- 08 November 2010: Agenda - Summary Record
- 26 March 2010: Agenda - Summary Record
- Previous plenaries