The DG helps to harness information & communications technologies in order to create jobs and generate economic growth; to provide better goods and services for all; and to build on the greater empowerment which digital technologies can bring in order to create a better world, now and for future generations.
To help achieve this, we:
- Support the kind of high-quality research & innovation which delivers imaginative, practical and value-enhancing results;
- Foster creativity through a European data value-chain in which anyone can share knowledge;
- Promote greater use of, and public access to, digital goods and digital services, including "cloud" computing, in order to boost the European single market;
- Ensure that those goods and services are more secure, that people can trust the rapidly evolving technologies which surround them, and that people have the right skills and confidence to use them as part of everyday life;
- Work with partners globally to support an open Internet.
We live our values as a creative, responsible and open European Union public service. We work on the best available evidence, and we cooperate closely with all our stakeholders. Our procedures are fully transparent, and we assume accountability for our actions. We seek value for the taxpayer's money in all we do.