Navigation path

Additional tools

Temporary accreditation - trainees & stand-ins

You can get temporary accreditation for periods of less than 6 months if you are:

  • doing a traineeship with a media organisation (one recognised by the EU institutions)
  • standing in for an accredited journalist who is absent (ill health or other valid reason).


Submit a request.
To do this, you need an ECAS user name and password. Don't have these?

Documents you will need

You will have to upload electronic or scanned copies of:

  • a letter from your employer
  • a copy of your passport/ID document.

If accreditation is granted

You will receive email notification and will have to come to the accreditation office to present the originals of your documents.