Navigation path

Additional tools


Journalists, film crews and photographers can apply to the European Commission for an EU press pass that will also give them access to the Council and the European Parliament.

Accreditation is granted by the Commission's Communications DG (DG COMM) on the recommendation of an accreditation advisory committee that also includes representatives of the International Press Association (IPA), Council and Parliament.

Accreditation is a practical arrangement for professional journalists and cannot be used as proof of professional qualifications.

It is not the same as a Belgian press pass. You can get a Belgian press pass through the IPA and other kinds of assistance from the Brussels international press centre.

There are four types of accreditation: