Questions about the EU? Europe Direct can help! I'm moving abroad in Europe – how do I get a residence permit? What are the rules on roaming charges? My flight's been cancelled - what are my rights? What EU grants can my organization apply for? For the answers to all these questions and more, contact Europe Direct central information service.
If you're looking for advice or help in your neighborhood, or for a local forum promoting dialogue and awareness about EU policies, contact your nearest local information centre.
Europe Direct offers:
• a central information service reachable by phone or internet;
• local information services in every EU country providing information tailored to local needs.
Central Information Service
You can call us or e-mail us in any official EU language to get:
- an immediate answer to general questions related to the EU;
- directions to the best sources of information/advice and contact details (at EU, national or local level);
- information on your rights and opportunities as an EU citizen and how to exercise them (getting a residence permit or your qualifications recognized in another EU country, how to complain about unsafe products, etc.);
- more specialized information (if necessary);
- free postal delivery of certain EU publications.
If you're having trouble navigating the European Union website, a web chat can help you find:
- specific EU documents (legislation, publications, press releases etc.);
- factsheets, reports, statistics, working documents etc. on specific EU policies;
- information about European integration, history, symbols, institutions, etc.
What Europe Direct cannot offer:
• problem-solving - we can't file or forward complaints for you (though we can tell you who you need to contact for this);
• comment on specific EU policy issues or positions;
• legal advice (interpreting EU laws).
Europe Direct Centres in Cyprus
There are four Europe Direct Information Centres in Cyprus: in Larnaca, Limassol, Nicosia and Pafos.
Europe Direct Larnaca
Ms Myrto Katsouri
Europe Direct Limassol
Ms Eliana Iliofotou
Mr George Nikola
Cyprus University of Technology
Research and International Collaboration Service
corner Athinon & Nikos Xiouta str.
Tel.: +357 25 00 20 44 / +357 25 00 20 27
Fax: +357 25 00 27 63
Europe Direct Nicosia
Ms Shirin Jetha
Ms Paraskevi Koumi
Home for Cooperation
28 Marcou Dracou Street
Europe Direct Pafos
Ms Irena Zavrou
26, 25th of March str.
European Documentation Centre
The European Documentation Centre (EDC) is part of the Europe Direct information network. It was created as part of a European Commission initiative to support and promote the idea of Europe.
The EDC is a local link to information on Europe, offering:
• Access to online sources in the EU & print publications
• Complimentary material issued by EU Publications Office
• Help accessing information on:
- How the EU works
- Funding opportunities
- European policies, programmes, legislation, directives and statistics
- Travel, study, work, and retirement in European Union countries.
European Documentation Centres in Cyprus
There are two European Documentation Centres in Cyprus: in University of Cyprus and in University of Nicosia, both located in Nicosia.
European Documentation Centre University of Cyprus
Ms Mikaella Charalambous
75 Kallipoleos Avenue, P.O. Box 20537, 1678 Nicosia
Tel.: +357 22 89 51 75
Fax:+357 22 89 45 57
European Documentation Centre University of Nicosia
Ms Georgia Christodoulou
46 Makedonitissas Avenue
P.O. Box 24005
Tel.: +357 22 84 21 04 / 22 84 21 00
Fax: +357 22 84 21 21
Europe Direct Central Service Contact Line:00800 6 7 8 9 10 11
10:00 – 19:00 weekdays, free of charge
Co-ordinator of the Europe Direct Network in Cyprus:
Mr Christos Christodoulou