Monitoring and advisory panel
- assess progress by your city in its preparations
- give guidance on how the city might prepare
- check compliance with commitments you made in the selection phase (particularly the criteria "European dimension" and "city and citizens") and the panel's recommendations.
The experts – who also serve on the selection panel are appointed by the following bodies:
- 2 each by the Commission, European Parliament and Council of Ministers
- 1 by the Committee of the Regions.
Members serve for 3 years, with 2 or 3 being replaced each year