Click here to view the results
. In September 2010 the European Commission launched a public consultation on a future EU programme for culture, to replace the current one which expires at the end of 2013. A stakeholder meeting also took place in Brussels on 16 February 2011. A report on the consultation will be published before the end of May. Main results from the online consultation:
- Responses received: 965 from 51 countries;
- Respondent's capacity when submitting: a personal capacity (63%), on behalf of organisations – mostly operate in the field of culture – (30%), and as public authorities (7%);
- 93% of responses supported an EU programme for culture;
- There was strong support for all of the proposed programme objectives;
- There was also strong support for the proposed activities of a future programme including the role such a programme could play in capacity-building and the circulation of European works.
The Commission's proposal on a funding programme is expected to be adopted towards the year's end and will contribute to the Europe 2020 Strategy aiming at smart, sustainable and inclusive growth.