Pilot Projects - FAQs
When should you apply?
The deadline for submitting an application under Call for Proposals EACEA/08/2013 is 15/07/2013.
What types of organisations are eligible?
This Call for Proposals is aimed at existing companies and organisations registered in one of the eligible countries, whose activities contribute to the realisation of the objectives listed under section 2.2. of the Guidelines.
What types of project are eligible for Pilot Project funding?
Proposed projects have to offer a minimum European dimension, to be assessed on the basis of the following criteria: the origin of the content and the target audience. This should be quantified as at least four countries participating in the MEDIA 2007 Programme and at least three different official languages of the European Union.
The types of action considered under this Call for Proposals are:
- Distribution: new ways of creating, distributing and promoting European audiovisual content via non-linear services
- Open Media Production Environment
- Distribution - Promotion & Marketing: the use of web techniques to develop local Cinema Communities.
- “Audiovisual Junction Portal”: to widen and improve the access and the exploitation of structured information of European audiovisual content
How much funding could your organisation ask for?
The amount of co-financing from the Pilot Project scheme cannot exceed 50% of the total eligible costs of the submitted project.
What is the total budget for Pilot Projects?
Under this Call for Proposals, EUR 1.5 million.
How are projects selected?
Projects that meet the eligibility and selection criteria are given scores according to the award criteria. Award criteria are evaluated by means of an Evaluation Committee advised by external independent experts.
For more details on award criteria, please refer to section 8 of the guidelines for this call.
When will the results be known?
The funding decision will be made in November 2013.
What are the exact procedure and timeline?
Applications are assessed according to the following procedure:
- receipt, registration and acknowledgement by the Executive Agency – June-July;
- evaluation and proposal selection – July to September;
- consideration by the MEDIA Committee – October/November;
- decision and notification of the results and closure of the award procedure – November;
- contracting – November/December
No information is provided before the final decision.