Development - Interactive Works - Closed
Support for the development of on and off-line interactive works.
Please note that the standard grant agreements/decisions of the Agency are currently under revision due to the entry into force of the new Financial Regulation and its Rules of Application as from 01 January 2013. For this reason they are not yet annexed to the call. The Agency will publish the draft grant agreements/decisions related to this call as soon as possible and, in any event, in due time before the deadline for the submission of proposals. Please note also that the other documents available to you are already in line with the new provisions.
The Agency reserves, however, the right to introduce changes or additional details subject to the adoption of the final text of the Financial Regulation and Rules of Application. In this case the changes will be announced in due time before the deadline of the call.
The activities for the following interactive works are eligible:
The concept development (up to a first playable application) of digital interactive content complementing an audiovisual project (drama, creative documentary or animation) specifically developed for at least one of the following platforms:
- handheld device,
- interactive television.
This digital content must present:
- substantial interactivity with a narrative component,
- originality, creativity and innovation against existing works,
- European commercial potential.
Only the following types of audiovisual project intended for commercial exploitation can be complemented by the submitted interactive work:
- a drama of at least 50 minutes (the total length of the series in the case of a series),
- a creative documentary of at least 25 minutes (length per episode in the case of a series),
- an animation of at least 24 minutes (the total length of the series in the case of a series).EN 5.10.2012 Official Journal of the European Union C 300/11
The following activities are ineligible:
the development and production activities for the following categories of work are ineligible:
- reference works (encyclopaedias, atlases, catalogues, databases, etc.),
- ‘how-to’ works (education programmes, manuals, etc.),
- tools and software services,
- information services or purely transactional,
- information programmes and magazines,
- projects promoting tourism,
- multimedia art projects,
- websites being, or dedicated specifically to, social platforms, social networking, Internet forums, blogs or similar activities,
- projects promoting, directly or indirectly, messages that are at odds with the policies of the European Union. For example, projects that may be contrary to the interests of public health (alcohol, tobacco, drugs), respect for human rights, people's security, freedom of expression, etc. are prohibited,
- projects promoting violence and/or racism and/or with a pornographic content,
- works of a promotional nature (in particular branded content),
- institutional productions to promote a specific organisation or its activities.
The call for proposals 32/12 has two deadlines. To be included in the first deadline, the application for support must be sent to the Agency between the date of the publication of the call for proposals and 23 November 2012. To be included in the second deadline, the application for support must be sent to the Agency between 24 November 2012 and 12 April 2013, the date of closure of the call for proposals.
The maximum duration of the project is until 30 June 2015 for requests for support submitted within the first deadline and until 30 November 2015 for those requests submitted.
These guidelines explain how to submit a proposal. Please read them carefully before filling in the application form.
The applicant must apply through the e-Form AND in paper form (application package)
Please download the e-Form for Development support.
You need to have Adobe Reader version 8.1.5 or higher installed on your computer in order to be able to download and complete the e-Form. If you do not have it on your computer, download the latest version of Adobe Reader.
- Please read carefully the e-Form Operational User Guide [87 KB] . It contains useful information on how to fill in the forms.
- Please carefully read the e-Form Technical User Guide [889 KB] . It contains useful technical information.
If, after referring to the e-Form Operational/Technical User Guide you still have a question or have encountered a technical problem which could not be solved, please contact the HelpDesk services WELL IN ADVANCE. It is advisable to attach a document with print screens to illustrate the
problem showing the time and date.
HelpDesk phone: +32 2 299 0705
Helpdesk e-mail address: EACEA-HELPDESK@ec.europa.eu
Other technical information related to the e-Form can be found on the Executive Agency website: http://eacea.ec.europa.eu/eforms/index_en.php#3
For all other questions related to the e-Form, contact EACEA-P8email@example.com