ACCESS TO FINANCE – i2i Audiovisual
"i2i Audiovisual" is designed to facilitate access to financing from credit and other financial institutions by subsidising part of the cost of the guarantees required by these institutions and/or part of the financing itself.
i2i covers three types of cost:
- Module 1 - insurance
- Module 2 - completion guarantee
- Module 3 - financing costs
Your company's project may receive funding for one, two or all three of these modules.
The MEDIA Programme also provides support for the development of drama, animation and creative documentaries through funding for single projects and slates. MEDIA can also help cover the costs of interactive works and TV broadcasting projects involving cooperation among at least three broadcaster.
What's NEW?Permanent Guidelines
The Guidelines are permanent since 2011 and have not, therefore, undergone any changes regarding eligibility. The only changes that have taken place followed the entry into force of the new Financial Regulation and its Rules of Application foreseen for 01/01/2013. They are detailed in the table at the beginning of the Guidelines.Definitions
The definitions for a credit agreement, credit institution and financial institution are detailed.Award Criteria
The award criteria and weighting are the same in comparison to the Guidelines of the previous years, enabling, however, the reach of a maximum 100 points.
Furthermore the process is simplified with the a consolidation of the award criteria in two instead of three steps.
Two sub-criteria are integrated into the award system:
- The credit agreement criterion (2) is further assessed by taking into account the country of origin of an EU credit and/or financial institution and also, of the applicant production company.
- The European dimension criterion is weighted with different award points for co-production(s) covering more than one country participating and/or not in the MEDIA Programme: Member States entered the EU in 2004 or later, including Croatia countries (2 points), High Audiovisual Capacity Countries/ Low Audiovisual Capacity Countries (1 point) and non-participating countries in the MEDIA Programme (0.5 points).
Furthermore, the criterion for the international distribution potential is further elaborated in terms of existing distribution agreements for the production.
When should you apply?
As soon as the contract(s) with a credit institution and/or completion guarantor and/or insurance company has/have been signed.
The two closing dates in 2013 are:
- 7 January 2013 - for projects for which the 1st day of shooting was after 01/07/2012 and at least one of the contract(s) with a bank or financial institution must have been signed between 01/07/2012 and 07/01/2013. If the contract(s) was/were signed before this date, the costs concerned will only be eligible from July 1, 2012.
- 7 June 2013 - for projects for which the 1st day of shooting is after 01/12/2012, and at least one of the contract(s) with a bank or financial institution must have been signed between 01/12/2012 and 07/06/2013. If the contract(s) was/were signed before this date, the costs concerned will only be eligible from December 1, 2012.
What type of companies is i2i AUDIOVISUAL aimed at?
Independent audiovisual production companies registered in an EU country or a country participating in the MEDIA Programme and owned, either directly or via a majority shareholding, by nationals from such countries.
What types of project are eligible for i2i AUDIOVISUAL?
Works of drama (min. 50’) or animation (min. 24’) and documentaries (min. 25’) produced with significant European participation (see paragraph 5.3 of the Guidelines).
How much funding can your production company ask for?
- You must apply for at least EUR 5,000 and no more than EUR 50,000 per project.
- Under this Call for Proposals, you cannot apply for funding for more than two projects.
- The amount of i2i AV funding may not exceed 50% of your eligible costs (or 60% for countries with low production capacity).
What is the total EU budget for i2i AUDIOVISUAL?
Under this Call for Proposals, EUR 1.5 million will be allocated as follows:
- Deadline 1, 07 January 2013: EUR 750.000
- Deadline 2, 07 June 2013: EUR 750.000
How are projects selected?
Projects that meet the eligibility and selection criteria will be given points according to the award criteria:
- Past MEDIA Development funding.
- Credit agreement and country of origin of the credit and/or financial institution issued the agreement.
- The origin of the project (from a country with low production capacity or from the Member States entered the EU in 2004 or later, including Croatia).
- The European dimension.
For more details on how the points are awarded, see the table in paragraph 8 of the guidelines for this Call. The Commission awards funding to the projects with the highest score within the limit of the available budget.
When will the results be known?
You will be informed of the decision on your application within 5 months.
- For the 1st deadline of 7 January 2013, applicants will be informed of the results during the month of May 2013.
- For the 2nd deadline of 7 June 2013, applicants will be informed of the results during the month of November 2013.