Automatic support - Closed
Support for the transnational distribution of European films and the networking of European cinema distribution companies - System of 'Automatic' support.
Total budget available: EUR 18,977,675
Reference year for the eligible admissions: 2011
Earliest date of copyright for the films to be eligible: 2008
The ‘automatic’ support scheme works in two phases:
- generation of a potential Fund, proportional to the number of paying admission tickets sold for non- domestic European films in States participating in the programme during the reference year (2010), up to a fixed ceiling per film and adjusted for each country,
- reinvestment of the potential Fund: thus generated by each company, the Fund must be reinvested in three modules (three types of action) by 1 October 2012:
- the co-production of non-national European films;
- the acquisition of distribution rights, for example by means of minimum guarantees, of non-national European films; and/or in
- editing costs (prints, dubbing and subtitling), promotion costs and publicity costs for non-national European films.
For the film to be eligible its first copyright must not have been established before 2008.
Action type 1 and 2
The maximum duration of the actions is 30 months.
The actions have to start on 1 August 2011 and finish on 1 February 2014.
Action type 3
The maximum duration of the actions is 42 months.EN C 121/66 Official Journal of the European Union 19.4.2011 ( 1 ) OJ L 327, 24.11.2006, p. 12.
The actions have to start on 1 February 2011 and finish on 1 August 2014.
Reinvestment applications must be sent to the Agency by the deadlines set out in the table below.
|Module||Dates of the project||Deadline for presentation of the reinvestment project||Period of eligibility of costs|
|1.Co-production||The co-production contract may be signed at the earliest on 1/08/2011||Within 3 months of the signature of the co-production contract and no later than 01/10/2012||From 1/08/2011 until 1/02/2014|
|2.Minimum guarantee||The distribution contract/ license agreement may be signed at the earliest on 1/08/2011||Within 3 months of the signature of the distribution contract/license agreement (Deal Memo or Long Form Agreement are both accepted) and no later than 01/10/2012||From 1/08/2011 until 1/02/2014|
|3.P&A costs||The first theatrical release of the film in the territory may take place at the earliest on 1/08/2011 and at the latest on 01/10/2013||At the latest on the day of the first theatrical release of the film in the territory and no later than 01/10/2012||From 1/02/2011 until 1/08/2014|
These Guidelines explain how to submit a proposal. Please read them carefully before filling in the application forms.