Automatic support - Open
Support for the transnational distribution of European films and the networking of European cinema distribution companies (‘Automatic’ support).
Total budget available: EUR 18,977,675
Reference year for the eligible admissions: 2011
Earliest date of copyright for the films to be eligible: 2008
The ‘automatic’ support scheme works in two phases:
- generation of a potential fund, proportional to the number of paying admission tickets sold for non- domestic European films in States participating in the programme during the reference year (2011), up to a fixed ceiling per film and adjusted for each country.
Group or club screenings where an individual ticket price is not levied will not be eligible. All admissions should be covered by the relevant national reporting and verification systems which enable the national authority to certify them. EACEA reserves the right to reject applications where it is not satisfied that all of the conditions have been met,
- reinvestment of the potential fund: thus generated by each company, the fund must be reinvested in three modules (three types of action) by 1 October 2013:
- the co-production of non-national European films;
- the acquisition of distribution rights, for example by means of minimum guarantees, of non-national European films; and/or in
- editing costs (prints, dubbing and subtitling), promotion costs and publicity costs for non-national European films.
For the film to be eligible its first copyright must not have been established before 2008.
Action type 1 and 2
The maximum duration of the actions is 30 months, from 1 October 2012 until 1 April 2015
Action type 3
The maximum duration of the actions is 42 months, from 1 April 2012 until 1 October 2015
Deadline for reinvestment applications: 1 October 2013, following the specifications below:
|Module||Dates of the project||Deadline for presentation of the reinvestment project||Period of eligibility of costs|
|1.Co-production||The co-production contract may be signed at the earliest on 01/10/2012||Within 3 months of the signature of the co-production contract and no later than 01/10/2013||From 1/10/2012
|2.Minimum guarantee||The distribution contract/ license agreement may be signed at the earliest on 01/10/2012||Within 3 months of the signature of the distribution contract/license agreement (Deal Memo or Long Form Agreement are both accepted) and no later than 01/10/2013||From 1/10/2012
|3.P&A costs||The first theatrical release of the film in the territory may take place at the earliest on 01/10/2012 and at the latest on 01/10/2014||At the latest on the day of the first theatrical release of the film in the territory and no later than 01/10/2013||From 1/04/2012
These guidelines explain how to submit a proposal. Please read them carefully before filling in the application form.