You have got an issue with a trader based in these countries?
Contact the Centre of your usual residence
Please be aware that ECC Spain has temporarily suspended its activities
ECC's are co-financed by the European Commission and national governments, as part of the European policy to assist every citizen in Europe to take advantage of the single market.
- informs you of your rights under European and national consumer legislation,
- gives advice on possible ways of dealing with your consumer complaint,
- provides direct assistance to resolve complaints in an amicable way with traders, when purchasing abroad, either during travel or on-line purchases,
- redirect you to an appropriate body if the ECC-Net can't help.
They provide assistance on a variety of popular consumer topics, including:
- on-line shopping,
- air passenger rights,
- car rental problems,
- most frequent internet frauds,
- timeshares/holiday clubs…
European Consumer Centres Network has also developed a free mobile application - the ECC-Net: Travel App.
The application helps consumers cope with difficult situations when holidaying abroad. It expresses consumer rights in the language of the destination country in a number of typical consumer problems.
The ECC-Net Travel App provides legal knowledge and language support in 23 EU languages plus Norwegian and Icelandic.