Navigation path

Additional tools

Solving Consumer Disputes

One in five European consumers faces a problem with a product or a service purchased. When the trader is not able to solve the problem, the consumer has two possibilities for seeking redress.  Either bring the case to court (judicial redress) or try to solve the problem without going to court (out of court redress). In this section you will find useful information on both redress possibilities.