Regulation (EC) No 1223/2009 (Article 13) requires that the responsible persons and, under certain circumstances, the distributors of cosmetic products submit through the CPNP some information about the products they place or make available on the European market.
The CPNP is making this information available electronically to
- Competent Authorities (for the purposes of market surveillance, market analysis, evaluation and consumer information);
- Poison Centres or similar bodies established by Member States (for the purposes of medical treatment).
The CPNP is accessible to:
- Competent Authorities;
- European Poison Centres;
- Cosmetic products responsible persons;
- Distributors of cosmetic products.
Products containing nanomaterials
The CPNP also contains a separate module (Article 16) for cosmetic products containing nanomaterials. This notification has to be done in addition to the notification under Article 13. If the European Commission has concerns regarding the safety of a nanomaterial, it may request the Scientific Committee on Consumer Safety to perform a risk assessment.
CPNP User Manuals
- CPNP Manual referring to Article 13 - other language versions
- CPNP Manual referring to Article 16 - other language versions
The English versions of both, the Article 13 and Article 16 User Manuals are the original ones.