The main objective of the EU Consumer Policy Strategy is to empower EU consumers through:
- Awareness of consumer rights and means of redress.
Knowledge of consumers' capacities, information and assertiveness help develop adequate consumer protection policies.
New Commission survey
A new Commission survey details the first portrait of Europe's consumers.
It can help develop smarter regulation, especially on labels, logos etc, improve consumer information campaigns and education, and design more accessible means of redress.
Results are summarised by the Consumer Empowerment Index.
- Commission Working Paper Consumer Empowerment in the EU
- Report on Eurobarometer 342
- Country fact sheets
- JRC report Consumer Empowerment Index
- Press release: Consumers' awareness and skills worryingly low, survey finds
- Questions & Answers: Consumer Empowerment Survey â Analysis of the results