4th Consumer Scoreboard - 2010
«Making Markets Work for Consumers»
The autumn edition ranks 50 consumer markets according to how well they work for consumers.
- Comparability of offers;
- Trust in retailers to respect consumer rules;
- Problems and complaints;
- Satisfaction and switching;
- Product safety;
- Price levels.
Lowest ranking services markets:
- Investments, pensions and securities;
- Real estate services;
- Internet service provision.
Lowest ranking goods markets:
- Second-hand cars;
- Clothing and footwear;
Consumers appreciated most cultural goods and services.
The Commission is doing follow-up studies of internet service provision and meat markets.
- 4th edition of the Consumer Scoreboard
- Market Monitoring Survey & dashboard: interactive view of results by market and contry
- Press release: Investments, real estate & internet access among lowest ranking consumer markets
- Memo: Questions & Answers on 4th Scoreboard
- Citizens' summary:
- Prices collected by Eurostat for market monitoring purposes