3rd Consumer Scoreboard - 2010
This spring edition monitors national consumer conditions and the level of integration of the single market.
- Barriers to cross-border Internet trade remain, despite growing domestic e-commerce;
- National consumer environments affected by the difficult economic conditions;
- Wide variations in consumer affordability in the EU;
- Retailers overestimate their knowledge of consumer legislation, and disagree with consumers about the frequency of misleading or fraudulent practices;
- Increased switching rates for electricity and current accounts from 2008 to 2009, but more consumers have difficulties comparing offers.
- 3rd edition of the Consumer Scoreboard
- Press release: CMS exposes barriers to better deals and decline in consumer conditions
- Memo: Questions & Answers on 3rd Scoreboard
- Executive summary:
- Translated country fiches: