2nd Consumer Scoreboard - 2009
The 2nd Consumer Scoreboard found:
- Consumers are less satisfied and have more problems with services than with goods markets;
- Consumers who switch providers help improve the outcomes for all consumers.
- Consumers are less likely to report price increases in markets with higher switching rates.
- Energy , transport and bank services are the most problematic for consumers.
Follow-up to the 2 nd Scoreboard
The Commission is investigating further the energy services sector.
Energy is the sector consumers spend most:
- 5.7% of consumers' household budget;
- 2.1% of their total energy spending is for electricity, taking up the highest part of consumer spending.