Relevant case-law of the Courts of the European Union
About EU Competition law
- Cases C-403/08 and C-429/08 Football Association Premier League and Others v QC Leisure and Others, Karen Murphy v Media Protection Services Ltd concerning the marketing and use of foreign decoding devices to access to the satellite broadcasting services
- Case T-185/00 Eurovision II, ECR (2002) II-3805 concerning the joint acquisition and exchange of sport media rights
- Case T-528/93 Eurovision I, ECR (1996) II-649 concerning the joint acquisition and exchange of sport media rights
- Case T-504/93 Tiercé Ladbroke, ECR (1997) II-923 concerning the exclusive licensing of sound and pictures of horse racing
- Case C-49/07 MOTOE v. Elliniko Dimosio (2008) ECR I- 4863
- Case C-519/04P David Meca Medina and Igor Majcen v. Commission (2006) ECR I-6991 and Case T-313/02 Meca-Medina and Majcen v Commission (2004) ECR II-3291; concerning anti-doping rules in swimming
- Case C-171/05P Piau v. Commission (2006) ECR I-37 rejecting the appeal of the judgement of the European Court of First Instance in T-193/02 Piau v. European Commission supported by FIFA, ECR 2005 II-209 concerning FIFA rules on players’ agents.
- Case C-519/04P David Meca Medina and Igor Majcen v. Commission concerning anti-doping rules in swimming
- Case C-171/05P rejecting the appeal of the judgement of the European Court of First Instance in T-193/02 Piau v. European Commission supported by FIFA, ECR 2005 II-209 concerning FIFA rules on players’ agents.
About EU internal market rules
- Case C-325/08 Olympique Lyonnais SASP v. Olivier Bernard, Newcastle United FC (not yet reported)
- Case C-51/96 and C-191/97, Deliège v Ligue de Judo (2000) ECR I-2549.
- Case C-176/96 Lehtonen et al v. Fédération Royale Belge des Sociétés de Basket-ball ASBL (2000) ECR I-2681.
- Case C-415/93 Union royale belge des sociétés de football association ASBL v Jean-Marc Bosman, ECR I-4921.
- The Bosman jurisprudence was extended as regards the application of the non-discrimination principle to competitions between clubs in the following two cases:
- Case C-265/03 Igor Simutenkov v Ministerio de Educación y Cultura, Real Federación Española de Fútbol (2005) ECR 1-2579 (2005) ECR 1-2579
- Case C-438/00 Deutscher Handballbund eV v Maros Kolpak (2003) ECR I-04135
- Case C-13/76 Donà v Mantero (1976) ECR 1333.
- Case C-36/74 Walrave and Koch v union Cycliste Internationale (1974) ECR 1405.
| || |
| || |