Reports, studies and handbooks
Published in the last three years
The contents of external reports do not necessarily reflect the position or opinion of the European Commission.
- Eurobarometer - DG Competition Stakeholder Survey 2014
- Survey on merchants' costs of processing cash and card payments (March 2015)
- The economic impact of modern retail on choice and innovation in the EU food sector (September 2014)
- Report: Assessing efficiencies generated by agricultural Producer Organisations (August 2014)
- Guide on the application of the EU rules on state aid, public procurement and the internal market to services of general economic interest, and in particular to social services of general interest, February 2013
- Study on co(re)insurance pools and on ad-hoc co(re)insurance agreements on the subscription market, 2013
- Ex post evaluation of the Regional Aid Guidelines 2007-2013 . December 2012
- The role and effectiveness of regional investment aid . The point of view of the academic literature. Study for the European Commission, 2012
- Short term trade finance and credit insurance in the European Union, 2012.
This report examines the functioning of the trade finance and credit insurance market. It analyses how well the existing instruments meet the needs of both exporters and finance and insurance providers. The study also looks at the appropriate role for the state to play in the business, in the context of the financial crisis and beyond.
- Guidance Paper on state aid-compliant financing, restructuring and privatisation of State-owned enterprises, 2012
bg cs da de el en es et fi fr hu it lt lv mt nl pl pt ro sk sl sv
- The effects of temporary State aid rules adopted in the context of the financial and economic crisis. Commission staff working paper, 2011
- Assessment of potential anticompetitive conduct in the field of intellectual property rights and assessment of the interplay between competition policy and IPR protection, 2011.
- Enforcement of EU State aid law by national courts, 2010
This Handbook gathers the main EU notices and regulations regarding State aid of relevance to national judges. It includes the Commission's Enforcement Notice, which aims at offering national courts practical support in their individual cases and explaining their role as defined by the EU Court. It also provides guidance on the principles concerning recovery of unlawful aid and the rules for the application of Article 108 TFEU.
de en es it fr pl