Eurobarometer - DG Competition Stakeholder Survey 2014
In 2014, DG Competition conducted the second comprehensive stakeholder survey about its activities (earlier survey in 2010). The survey had two parts: an in-depth qualitative survey targeting professional stakeholders and a survey of EU citizens' views on competition and competition policy. Both surveys were carried out by an independent market research company.
1. Eurobarometer Qualitative Study on the perceived quality of DG Competition's actions
This survey was based on in-depth interviews, carried out in May-July 2014 by TNS Qual + among lawyers, companies, economic consultants, business and consumer associations, Member States' ministries as well as national competition authorities who directly contributed to the work of DG Competition in 2010-2013. The results consist of six individual reports reflecting each stakeholder group's specific views, as well as an aggregate report summarizing the results of the individual reports.
2. Eurobarometer Flash study 403 on EU citizens' perception about competition policy
This survey was carried out by phone among 26,549 citizens in EU 28 by TNS Opinion in September 2014.
- Summary Report en fr de
- Full Analytical Report en fr de
- Fact sheet by Member State in EN and in one original language of the Member State
Results of the 2010 Survey
1. Qualitative Eurobarometer survey about the perceived quality of DG Competition's actions
2. Quantitative Flash Eurobarometer study about EU citizens' perception about competition policy
This survey was carried out by phone among 25,000 citizens by Gallup Hungary in November 2009 in all EU Member States.