Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD)
The Commission takes part in the following bodies and activities of the OECD:
- OECD Competition Committee (in its Competition Bureau and as a regular participant in its working parties)
- peer reviews of OECD member countries
- work on subjects such as competition and regulated sectors and international aspects of competition
- Global Forum on Competition, which meets once a year with non-OECD countries
- OECD Joint Groups such as the Joint Group on Trade and Competition and the Joint Group on Consumers and Competition
- OECD report: Competition Law and Policy in the European Union (OECD website).
In January 2006, the OECD published a report reviewing competition law and policy in the European Union. The report was prepared by the Secretariat of the OECD and was used for a peer review examination of the European Commission in the OECD Competition Committee on 19 October 2005.
Disclaimer: this report represents the authors' views on the subject. They have not been adopted or in any way approved by the Commission and should not be relied on as a statement of either the Commission's or DG Competition's views. The Commission does not guarantee the accuracy of the data in this report, nor does it accept responsibility for any use made of it.