Draft Communication on State aid to promote important projects of common European interest
Competition: State aid
Public authorities, citizens, companies and all organisations are welcome to contribute to this consultation.
Period of consultation
From 28.01.2014 to 28.02.2014
Objective of the consultation
The draft Communication will set out the conditions on how Member States can support the execution of Important Projects of Common European Interest (IPCEIs). Building on a specific provision of the Treaty on the Functioning of the EU, Article 107(3)(b), the draft communication provides guidance to Member States on how to support transnational projects which are of strategic dimension for the EU and for the realization of the Europe 2020 objectives.
The purpose of the present consultation is to collect views on the first draft text of the revised Framework.
The communication will update, consolidate and replace the rules on IPCEIs in the R&D and Innovation Framework and the Environmental Guidelines and extend them to other relevant sectors.
The draft communication is part of the State Aid Modernisation (SAM), setting an ambitious modernisation program fostering sustainable, smart and inclusive growth.
How to submit your contribution
- You are invited to respond to this consultation in any official EU language. Given the possible delays in translating comments submitted in certain languages, translations of the replies into one of the Commission's working languages (preferably English) would be welcome to enable the Commission to process them more swiftly.
- In your reply, please indicate whether you are replying as citizen, organisation or public authority. If your organisation is registered in the Transparency Register, please indicate your Register ID number. If your organisation is not registered, we invite you to register now, although it is not compulsory to be registered to reply to the consultation. Responses from organisations not registered will be published separately.
- Contributions will be published on this webpage. Submissions that are clearly marked "confidential" will be treated as such and not published. In that case please also provide a non-confidential version of your reply. It is important to read the privacy statement attached to this consultation for information on how your personal data and contribution will be dealt with.
View the consultation document
Draft communication: bg cs da de el en es et fi fr hr hu it lt lv mt nl pl pt ro sk sl sv
Annex: bg cs da de el en es et fi fr hr hu it lt lv mt nl pl pt ro sk sl sv
Reason why the consultation period is less than 12 weeks
A shorter period of consultation is required in order to align the process as much as possible with the ongoing public consultations on the draft R&D&I Framework and on the draft Energy and Environmental Aid Guidelines.
Responsible service: Directorate-General for Competition – Unit for State aid, Policy and Scrutiny
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please always indicate the reference number in your correspondence: HT.4008
Directorate-General for Competition
State aid Registry
Ref.: "HT.4008 – IPCEI – Important Projects of Common European Interest"
Replies to the consultation
- Czech Republic - Permanent Representation cs
- Denmark - Ministry of Growth and Business 1_en 2_en
- Denmark - Ministry of Transport en
- Estonia - Permanent Representation en
- France - Permanent Representation 1_fr 2_fr
- Germany - Bundesministerium für Wirtschaft und Energie de
- Greece - Permanent Representation el
- Latvia - Ministry of Finance lv
- Netherlands - Ministry of Economic Affairs nl
- Sweden - Ministry of Enterprise, Energy and Communications en
- Lithuania - Competition Council lt
- Poland - Office of Competition and Consumer Protection pl
- United Kingdom - Highlands and Islands Eterprise (HIE) en
- Austria - Bundesarbeitskammer de
- Austria - Wirtschaftskammer Österreich (WKO) de
- Austria - Austrian Electrical and Electronics Industries (FEEI) de
- Belgium - Aerospace and Defense (ASD) en
- Belgium - SEMI Europe en
- Belgium - European Distribution System Operators for Smart Grids (EDSO) en
- Belgium - EARTO en
- Belgium - IndustriAll Europe en
- Finland - The Federation of Finnish Technology Industries en
- France - Association Française des Entreprises Privées (AFEP) en
- France - Cercle de l'Industrie en
- France - Fédération Nationale des Travaux Publics en
- France - Mouvement des Entreprises de Frances (MEDEF) en
- Germany - Bundesverband der Deutschen Industrie de
- Germany - Bundesverband Öffentlicher Banken Deutschlands, VÖB de
- Italy - Confindustria it
- Italy - ENEL it
- Netherlands - Philips en
- Czech Republic - Confederation of Industry cs
- Denmark - Scandlines en