Draft Commission Regulation amending Regulation (EC) No 906/2009 on Liner Shipping Consortia as regards its period of application
All citizens and organisations are welcome to contribute to this consultation.
Period of consultation
From 27.02.2014 to 31.03.2014
Objective of the consultation
The European Commission invites all interested parties to comment on a proposal to prolong the existing block exemption of liner shipping consortia from the application of Article 101 of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union (Commission Regulation No 906/2009).
How to submit your contribution
- You are invited to respond to this consultation in any official EU language. Given the possible delays in translating comments submitted in certain languages, translations of the replies into one of the Commission's working languages (preferably English) would be welcome to enable the Commission to process them more swiftly.
- In your reply, please indicate whether you are replying as citizen, organisation or public authority. If your organisation is registered in the Transparency Register, please indicate your Register ID number. If your organisation is not registered, we invite you to register now, although it is not compulsory to be registered to reply to the consultation. Responses from organisations not registered will be published separately.
- Contributions will be published on this webpage. Submissions that are clearly marked "confidential" will be treated as such and not published. In that case please also provide a non-confidential version of your reply. It is important to read the privacy statement attached to this consultation for information on how your personal data and contribution will be dealt with.
View the consultation document
bg cs da de el en es et fi fr hr hu it lt lv mt nl pl pt ro sk sl sv
Reason why the consultation period is less than 12 weeks
A first consultation of market participants took place in the first half of 2013. This second consultation takes place in the framework of Regulation (EC) No 246/2009 of 26 February 2009 ("the Enabling Regulation"). According to its Article 6 the consultation period must not be less than one month. The consultation will be open until 31 March 2014. Following this public consultation, the Advisory Committee for on Restrictive Agreements and Dominant Position will be consulted again before a final text is adopted.
Responsible service: Directorate-General for Competition – Unit F.1
Please always indicate the reference number in your correspondence: HT. 3754 - Review of the Consortia BER
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Directorate-General for Competition
Ref.: HT 3754 - Review of the Consortia BER
Replies to the consultation
- Denmark - Ministry of Business and Growth en
- France fr
- German authorities de
- Norway - Ministry of Trade and Industry en
- Bundesverband der Deutschen Industrie de
- World Shipping Council en
- Armateurs de France fr
- Asian Shipowners en
- Cosco en
- Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer en
- German Shipbrokers de
- GS Alliance Consortium en - annex en
- Japanese Shipowners en