Modernising state aid through better evaluation
Competition: State aid
All citizens and organisations are welcome to contribute to this consultation. Contributions are particularly sought from state aid granting authorities and evaluation experts.
Period of consultation
From 22.11.2013 to 24.01.2014
Objective of the consultation
The European Commission is consulting on a guidance paper to help Member States to evaluate how public support schemes have achieved their purpose and impacted markets and competition. Evaluation of large aid schemes is an important element of the Commission's state aid modernization agenda to achieve more efficient and effective public spending. The guidance paper sets out suggested methodologies, best practices and examples how to carry out a meaningful evaluation in this field. Public authorities, evaluation experts and practitioners' views would be highly appreciated in order to design evaluation methodologies in State aid in the most effective way.
How to submit your contribution
- You are invited to comment on the document hereunder in any official EU language. Given the possible delays in translating comments submitted in certain languages, translations of the replies into one of the Commission's working languages (preferably English) would be welcome to enable the Commission to process them more swiftly.
- Any comments and information submitted beyond the scope of the questionnaire will be welcome, in particular other relevant documents, reports, studies and data sources.
- In your reply, please indicate whether you are replying as citizen, organisation or public authority. If your organisation is registered in the Transparency Register, please indicate your Register ID number.
If your organisation is not registered, you can register now. Responses from organisations not registered will be published separately.
- Contributions will be published on this webpage. Submissions that are clearly marked "confidential" will be treated as such and not published. In that case please also provide a non-confidential version of your reply.
It is important to read the privacy statement attached to this consultation for information on how your personal data and contribution will be dealt with.
View the consultation document
Draft methodological guidance paper en
Reference documents and other, related consultations
Evaluation workshop of 23 April 2013
Evaluation issues paper
Bruegel: Modernising State Aid through better evaluations
Responsible service: Directorate-General for Competition – Unit A3. State aid policy and scrutiny
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please always indicate the reference number in your correspondence: HT. 3751 – State aid evaluation
Directorate-General for Competition
State aid Registry
Ref.: HT. 3751 – State aid evaluation
Replies to the consultation
- Belgium - Permanent Representation fr
- Czech Republic - Permanent Representation cs
- Denmark - Ministry of Business and Growth en
- Germany - Bundesministerium für Wirtschaft und Technologie de
- Finland - Ministry of Employment and the Economy en
- France - Permanent Representation fr
- Greece - Permanent Representation en
- Hungary - Prime Minister's Office en
- Ireland - Department of Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation en
- Latvia - Ministry of Finance lv
- Romania - Permanent Representation ro
- Sweden - Ministry of Enterprise, Energy and Communications sv
- United Kingdom - Permanent Representation en
- Lithuania - Competition Council lt
- Poland - Office of Competition and Consumer Protection pl
- Spain - Generalitat de Cataluña es
- France - J-PAL Europe en
- France - Orange en
- Italy - Assonime en
- Austria - Österreichische Plattform für Forschungs- und Technologiepolitikevaluierung - FTEVAL de
- Belgium - Oxera en
- Czech Republic - Confederation of Industry cs
- Netherlands - SEO Economisch Onderzoek en