Information request: Availability of short term export credit insurance for exports to Greece
Competition: State aid
Member States, export credit agencies, export credit insurers and other financial institutions involved in export financing, chambers of commerce, industry associations, exporters, and other interested parties
From 09.10.2013 until 06.11.2013
Objective of the consultation
As a consequence of the difficult situation in Greece, a lack of insurance or reinsurance capacity to cover exports to Greece was observed in 2012. This led the Commission to amend the the Communication of the Commission to the Member States on the application of Articles 107 and 108 of the Treaty to short-term export-credit insurance (Communication on short-term export-credit insurance) by temporarily removing Greece from the list of marketable risks countries. This modification is due to expire on 31 December 2013.
The Commission shall determine whether the current market situation justifies the expiry of Greece's removal from the list of marketable risk countries in 2014, or whether a prolongation is needed.
In order to establish the availability of sufficient private capacity the Commission invites Member States, credit insurers and other interested parties to submit the following information:
- (a) Private credit insurance capacity: availability of credit insurance from private insurers in all Member States in the course of 2013 (changes in the private capacity, withdrawals from or entries of private credit insurers to that market), quarterly data on the exposure to Greece per private insurer, per Member State for the last two quarters (number of requests, acceptance ratio, total insured turnover, and average premium charged).
- (b) Activity of insurers acting on behalf or with State guarantee or the State itself in provision of short-term credit insurance for exports to Greece in 2013: availability of credit insurance in all Member States, number of requests, acceptance ratio, total insured turnover, and average premium charged in Member States concerned.
- (c) Sovereign sector ratings: changes in Greece's credit ratings for the last six months.
- (d) Corporate sector performance in Greece (e.g. insolvencies ratio in 2013, forecasts for 2014).
- (e) Other relevant data and information.
How to submit your contribution
Please submit your contribution in an electronic format.
Please always indicate the reference number in your correspondence: HT.352
Due to the confidential nature of the information sought received contributions will not be published.
It is important to read the privacy statement attached to this consultation for information on how your personal data and contribution will be dealt with.
Directorate-General for Competition – Unit A3 State Aid Policy and Scrutiny.
For any questions please contact: Ms Camelia GROZEA (00 32 2 29 87711; email: Camelia.Grozea@ec.europa.eu) or Ms Adinda SINNAEVE (00 32 2 29 95077; e-mail: Adinda.Sinnaeve@ec.europa.eu).