Consultation on review of the Community guidelines on state aid to maritime transport
Competition: State aid
All citizens and organisations are welcome to contribute to this consultation.
Contributions are particularly sought from public authorities (Member States, Regions, etc.) providing operating aid to maritime companies and providing start-up aid for the development of new routes, the maritime industry (in particular shipowners, shipmanagers, shipbrokers, etc.) and trade unions.
Period of consultation
From 14.02.2012 to 14.05.2012
Objective of the consultation
In 2004, the Commission adopted its latest Community Guidelines on State aid to maritime transport (hereafter "Maritime Guidelines"). These guidelines notably specify that they will be reviewed within seven years of their date of application.
The purpose of the present consultation is thus to invite Member States, other institutions and stakeholders to provide information on industry developments, feedback on the application of the Maritime Guidelines and their effects, as well as any comments and proposals regarding the State aid to maritime transport.
The present consultation gives the Member States, other Institutions and stakeholders the opportunity to express their views on the various issues at stake. The Commission will carefully analyse the outcome of the consultation before deciding to what extent changes to the current rules are necessary and, if appropriate, come forward with a proposal for revised Maritime Guidelines. At this stage, the Commission has not taken position concerning a possible modification of the existing guidelines.
This consultation is in principle limited to the current scope of the Maritime Guidelines. Nevertheless, the Commission services are prepared to look at any other issues that may be relevant for State aid to the maritime sector.
How to submit your contribution
We welcome contributions from citizens, organisations and public authorities.
- If you are answering this consultation as a citizen, please click here to submit your contribution.
- If you are answering this consultation on behalf of an organisation, please click here to submit your contribution.
- If you are answering this consultation on behalf of a public authority, please click here to submit your contribution.
Received contributions will be published on the Internet. However, submissions that are clearly marked "confidential" will be treated as such and not published on the Internet. In that case please also provide a non-confidential version of your reply.
It is important to read the specific privacy statement attached to this consultation for information on how your personal data and contribution will be dealt with.
Community guidelines on state aid to maritime transport
View the questionnaire
bg cs da de el en es et fi fr hu it lt lv mt nl pl pt ro sk sl sv (Rich Text Format)
Responsible service: DG Competition, Unit F2
Please always indicate the reference number of the document in your correspondence: "HT2744 - Review of the Guidelines on State aid to maritime transport"
E-mail address for replies: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ref.: HT2744 - Review of the Guidelines on State aid to maritime transport
Directorate-General for Competition
Ref.: Consultation on HT2744 - Review of the Guidelines on State aid to maritime transport
State aid Registry
Fax: +32 2 296.12.42
EEA Member States (EU Member States and Norway)
- Canary Islands government es
- Scottish government en
- Alands Landskapsregering (Government of Aland) fi
- Senator for Economy, Employment and Ports (Bremen) de
- Freie und Hansenstadt Hamburg de
- Lower Saxony Ministry for Economics, Labour and Transport de
- CRPM - Conférence des Régions Périphériques Maritimes d'Europe fr
- Alfaport Antwerpen nl
- ANAVE- Asociación de Navieros Espanoles es - es - es - es
- Armateurs de France fr
- Associação de Armadores da Marinha de Comércio (AAMC) pt - pt - pt - pt - pt
- Association of Cargo Freighters en
- Bulgarian Shipowners Association en
- Danish Shipowners Association en - en - en - en
- ECSA – European Community Shipowners Association en - en - en - en - en
- Finnish Shipowners Association en
- German Shipowners' Association (Verband Deutscher Reeder) de
- KVNR – Royal Association of Dutch Shipowners en
- Norwegian Shipowners Association en
- Royal Belgian Shipowners Association en - en - en
- UK Chamber of Shipping en - en - en
- Union of Greek Shipowners el
Related industries / maritime cluster
- Cluster Maritime Français – Institut Français de la Mer fr
- Dutch Association of Dredging Contractors (Vereniging van Waterbouwers) nl
- ECASBA – EC Association of Shipbrokers and Agents en
- EUDA – European Dredging Association en - en - en - en - en - en - en - en - en
- European Cruise Council en - en - en
- International Chamber of Shipping en
- Maritime UK en
- Norwegian Maritime Exporters en
- Norwegian Maritime Forum en - en
Workers representatives and trade unions
- ACV Transport en Communicatie, Belangengroep Cultuur en - nl
- Belgian Transport Workers' Federation en
- ETF – European Transport Workers Federation en
- Norwegian Maritime officers Association en - en
- Norwegian Union of Marine Engineers en
- VERDI (German Trade Union) de
Short sea shipping
- BP2S- Bureau de Promotion du Transport Maritime à Courte Distance fr
- Shortsea Promotion Centre es
Shipping and/or dredging/ shipowners companies
- A.P. Moller – Maersk Group en
- Bocimar Belgium en - en - en
- Bocimar International en - en - en
- Clipper Group en
- Compagnie Maritime Belge en - en - en
- David MacBrayne Ltd en
- DEME nl - nl
- DOF Management AS en
- Euronav en - en - en
- Farstad Shipping ASA en - en
- Fred Olsen & Co en
- Grieg Shipping Group AS en
- Havila Shipping ASA en
- Lauritzen J. en
- Mutualista Acoreana de Transportes Maritimos pt
- Nederland Maritiem Land en
- Norden A/S en
- Ostenjo Group en
- Reederei Nord de
- Solstad Offshore en
- Van Oord NV en
- Western Bulk en
Ferry/ cruise operators
- BAI SA (Brittany Ferries) fr
- Carnival Group en
- Color Line en
- RCL Cruises Ltd en
- DNV Det Norske Veritas en
- Eurotunnel fr
- Petroleum Geo-Services en
- Antwerp Maritime Academy en
- Malta Maritime Law Association en