Consultation on the Review of Rescue and Restructuring aid Guidelines
Competition: State aid
All citizens, companies and organisations are welcome to contribute to this consultation. Contributions are particularly sought from financial institutions, associations and national and regional authorities.
Period of consultation
From 02.12.2010 to 02.02.2011
Objective of the consultation
The current Community Guidelines on State Aid for Rescuing and Restructuring Firms in Difficulty were to expire on 9 October 2009. Having regard to the economic crisis and to the need to ensure continuity and legal certainty in the treatment of State aid to enterprises in financial difficulty, the Commission decided to apply the existing Guidelines until 9 October 2012.
In addition, since the beginning of the financial crisis rescue and restructuring of financial institutions has been subject to the special rules under Article 107(3)(b) of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union (TFEU), due to the scale of the crisis and the necessity to react promptly to the disappearance of market confidence in banks' asset values in order to safeguard financial stability and maintain a sufficient level of lending to the real economy.
The Commission has already consulted Member States and other interested parties in autumn 2007 on the application of the Community Guidelines on State Aid for Rescuing and Restructuring Firms in Difficulty.
The purpose of this consultation is to invite Member States and stakeholders to provide feedback on their recent experience of rescue and restructuring of both industrial and financial institutions, especially in the light of the economic crisis.
This consultation is also part of the impact assessment with respect to the future of the Rescue and Restructuring Guidelines which the Commission services will undertake in conformity with the applicable guidelines.
View the consultation document
Questionnaire bg cs da de en el es et fi fr hu it lt lv mt nl pl pt ro sk sl sv
Reference documents and other, related consultations
View the contributions
- Bulgaria - National Revenue Agency (NRA) bg
- Cyprus el
- Czech Republic - Czech Office for the Protection of Competition, Department for State aid cs cs
- Estonia - Ministry of Finance et
- Finland - Ministry of Employment and the Economy fi
- France fr
- Germany - Federal Ministry of Economic and Technology de
- Greece - Permanent Representation to the EU el
- Hungary - State aid monitoring office en
- Italy - Presidency of the Council of Ministers it
- Latvia - Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Economic Affairs, Privatisation Agency, Bank of Latvia lv
- Lithuania - Ministry of Finance, Competition Council of Lithuania lt
- Netherlands - Ministry of Economic Affairs, Agriculture and Innovation en
- Poland - Office of Competition and Consumer Protection pl
- Slovakia - Ministry of Finance sk
- Slovenia - Ministry of Finance, State Aid Monitoring Division sl
- Spain es es
- Sweden - Ministry of Entreprise sv
- United Kingdom en - annex 1 - annex 2
- Associação Nacional das Pequenas e Médias Empresas (ANPME) en
- BAK Bundesarbeitskammer Österreich de
- Bayerische Landesbank de
- European Association of Public Banks en
- HSH Nordbank AG de
- ING Netherlands en
- LECG en
- Norway - Royal Norwegian Ministry of Government administration, Reform and Church affairs en
- Bundesverband Öffentlicher Banken Deutschlands de