Michel Barnier hails agreement on new European financial supervision
At the beginning of next year, Europe will have a supervision model tailored to its needs and better capable to prevent future crises. This is the result of today's 'yes' vote at the European Parliament on the supervision package proposed by the Commission.
- Opening speech of Commissioner Barnier before the vote of the European Parliament
- Financial supervision package - Frequently asked questions
- Parliament gives green light to new financial supervision architecture
- Video - Council and Commission statements (extracts from the EP plenary session)
- Video - statements by the EP Rapporteurs (extracts from the EP plenary session)
- Video - EP vote on Financial supervision package (extracts)