Related departments: Related topics:
- Preparing ambitious legislative steps towards a connected Digital Single Market by breaking down national silos in telecoms regulation, in copyright and data protection legislation, in the management of radio waves and in the application of competition law.
- Adding more ambition to the ongoing reform of the EU's telecoms rules and developing a common approach to managing radio-spectrum use across the EU.
- Modernising copyright rules.
- Developing measures to make online communications and data more secure.
- Supporting the deployment of a high-quality, digital infrastructure.
Günther Oettinger is part of the following Project Teams:
European Parliament hearings
Günther Oettinger's team supports him in his daily work
Appointments and meetings
German nationality. One child.
European Commissioner for Digital Economy and Society
- November 2014-present
European Commissioner for Energy
- February 2010-October 2014
Minister-President of Baden-Württemberg, Germany
Member of the Governing Board and Federal Executive Committee of the CDU
Chairman of the federal media policy committee of the CDU
Member of the regional Parliament of Baden-Württemberg, Germany
Chairman of the commission responsible for Federalism Reform II
Chairman of the Christian Democratic Union of Baden-Württemberg, Germany
Lawyer and partner of an audit and tax consultancy
City Councillor for Ditzingen, Germany
Second State Law Examination