Related departments: Related topics:
- Deepening relations with neighbours of the EU to the south and east, in the EU's interest and in the interests of our partners
- Promoting stability at Europe’s borders and helping neighbouring countries to develop stable democratic institutions and to become more prosperous, under the European Neighbourhood Policy.
- Coordinating the EU's offer of closer cooperation in areas like trade, mobility, energy, and education to create tailor-made partnerships to develop relations with each neighbour.
- Continuing ongoing EU membership negotiations, and helping to prepare those countries with a membership perspective for future challenges.
- Supporting pre-accession countries in implementing democratic and economic reforms, upholding the rule of law, strengthening economic governance and competitiveness, developing a well-functioning public administration, and building bridges with neighbouring countries.
Johannes Hahn is part of the following Project Teams:
Johannes Hahn's team supports him in his daily work.
Appointments and meetings
Austrian nationality. One child.
European Commissioner for European Neighbourhood Policy and Enlargement Negotiations
European Commissioner for Regional Policy
Minister for Science and Research
Member of the Vienna regional government
Board member, later CEO of Novomatic AG
Member of the Vienna regional parliament
Executive Director of the Austrian's People Party
Managerial functions in different areas of Austrian industry
Secretary General of the Austrian Managers Association
Doctorate in philosophy from the University of Vienna