Stakeholders meeting on carbon leakage post-2020
- Start date : 13/06/2014 00:00:00
First stakeholder meeting to consult on possible carbon leakage provisions under the EU Emissions Trading System (ETS) after 2020.
The first stakeholder meeting to consult on possible carbon leakage provisions under the EU Emissions Trading System (ETS) after 2020 will take place on 13 June 2014.
The consultations will be an opportunity for stakeholders to take stock of experience to date and to propose and comment on the merits and drawbacks of different options to address the risk of carbon leakage and ensure competitiveness. One further element for discussion will be how to support low-carbon innovation and large-scale demonstration projects.
The meetings will be web-streamed to ensure full transparency.
The consultations are organised by the Commission's Directorate-General for Climate Action in collaboration with the Directorate-General for Enterprise and Industry.
- Harmonised Allocation Rules in EU ETS from 2013 – Hans Bergman
- Carbon leakage and competitiveness – what have we learned so far?
- Rules governing free allocation and carbon leakage in phase 2 and 3 and administrative effort
- Carbon leakage and competitiveness– how can we measure it