Preparing the new carbon leakage list for 2015-2019
- Start date : 23/05/2013 00:00:00
The European Commission held a meeting on 23 May 2013, in Brussels, to consult stakeholders, including Member States, industry, NGOs and academia in view of preparing the list of sectors and subsectors which are deemed to be exposed to a significant risk of carbon leakage for the period 2015-2019.
The meeting informed stakeholders about the upcoming process, the work done so far, and the next steps, and provided them with the opportunity to express their views.
Subsequent consultation meetings and bilateral meetings with industry are planned to discuss interim results and ongoing work. The list is expected to be finalised in 2014.
- Watch the webstream of the meeting (9.30-13.30).
- Presentation by Mr Van den Plas, WWF
- Presentation by Mr Schyns, IFIEC Europe
- Presentation by Ms Boneva, European Commission, DG CLIMA