2nd Meeting of the ECCP Working Group on Reducing greenhouse gas emissions from ships
- Start date : 22/06/2011 00:00:00
- End date : 23/06/2011 23:59:59
The ECCP Working Group 6 ("Reducing greenhouse gas emissions from ships") aims at providing input to the Commission in its work to develop and assess options for the inclusion of international maritime transport emissions in the EU's greenhouse gas reduction commitment. Within this context, the specific objectives of this meeting are to present views, information, concerns and engage in an active discussion on relevant topics such as; possible measures, impacts, use of revenues and how to avoid evasion.
All interested stakeholders may send a position paper, comments or questions on how to address maritime transport GHG emissions, to this email: CLIMA-ECCP-SHIPS@ec.europa.eu.
These comments will be taken into consideration by the European Commission and brought to the attention of all participants during the meetings.
The closing date for receipt of submissions is the 30th of September 2011.
- Minutes of the ECCP Working Group 1 Meeting
- Background papers:
- DG CLIMA - The 5 recommended policy options by the 2009 CE DELFT Study
- DG CLIMA - Avoiding Evasion
- DG CLIMA - Possible use of potential revenues
- Per Kageson - Options for Europe when acting alone on CO2 emissions from shipping
- Seas at Risk - Speed Limits for Ships
- T&E - The CO2 Taxation Option for an EU Shipping Measure
- Developments since ECCP I - Mark Major, DG CLIMA
- Ships visiting EU/EEA ports - Christopher Pålsson, IHS Fairplay
- Speed Limits for Ships - Possible EU Options for tackling GHG Emissions from Ships - John Maggs, Seas at Risk
- Slow steaming vs. speed limits - Harilaos N. Psaraftis, National Technical University of Athens
- Possible EU Shipping Measures - The CO2 Fuel Tax Option - Bill Hemmings, T&E
- Options for Europe when acting alone - Per Kågeson, Stockholm Centre for Transport Studies
- Use of potential revenues from possible regional systems - Thomas Jahre, DG CLIMA
- The Norwegian NOx Fund – Experiences gained so far - Sveinung Oftedal,Confederation of Norwegian Enterprise Confederation of Norwegian Enterprise
- Introduction to the questions of evasion in designing a policy - Mariella Kremlis, DG CLIMA