EU side events in Cancún
- Start date : 29/11/2010 00:00:00
- End date : 10/12/2010 23:59:59
Within the framework of the United Nations Climate Change Conference taking place in Cancún (29 November-10 December 2010), numerous side events offer an invaluable opportunity to share research and best practice from around the world, explain national and regional policy approaches and debate key issues. Side events indirectly support and inform the negotiations by spreading relevant knowledge.
The events will be held in the EU Pavillion at CancúnMesse.
The programme gives details of the more than 40 side events being organised by the 27 Member States and the institutions of the EU during the Cancún conference.
"The EU Emissions Trading System after 2012: preparing EU ETS 2.0" (7 December 2010)
- Lessons learned from the EU ETS Phase I and II – Felix Matthes – Oko-Insitute, Germany
- EU Emissions Trading System post-2012 – Liva Andersone - DG CLIMA, European Commission
- Emissions Trading - A view from the Electricity Industry - John Scowcroft, Eurelectric
"EU's progress towards fulfilling its Kyoto obligations" (30 November 2010)
- EU‘s GHG emissions reductions - achievements so far and efforts by 2020 - Agnieszka Janowska - DG CLIMA, European Commission
- Ireland’s Greenhouse Gas Emission Projections - 2010-2020 - Gemma O’Reilly, Eimear Cotter and Bernard Hyde - Environmental Protection Agency, Ireland
- Portugal’s Kyoto Monitoring & compliance web-based system - Eduardo Santos, International Climate Policy Programme, Portugal
- UK experience of and plans for reducing emissions of greenhouse gases - David Warrilow - Department of Energy and Climate Change, UK