When developing policy and legislation, the European Commission consults widely with EU citizens and stakeholders through, inter alia, public consultations. We want to learn from your experiences and opinions directly.
Public consultations allow you to express your views on key aspects of impacts assessments for Commission proposals under preparation as well as on key elements of evaluations of existing policies. They are open to the public for a period of minimum 12 weeks by default.
You will find below the questionnaires of the open consultations regarding DG Climate Action's policies. For a complete overview of public consultations launched by the European Commission, see 'Your Voice in Europe'. To receive more information on open public consultations via email, please subscribe on the Commission's notifications webpage.
Questionnaires for the consultations regarding DG Climate Action's policies:
Disclaimer: Neither the European Commission nor any person acting on the Commission's behalf may be held responsible for the content and the use which may be made of the information contained in the replies to the public consultation.
- 20/07/2016Consultation on the Revision of Regulation (EU) No 443/2009 and Regulation (EU) No 510/2011 setting CO2 emission performance standards for light duty vehicles
- 20/07/2016Consultation on the preparation of legislation on monitoring / reporting of Heavy-Duty Vehicle fuel consumption and CO2 emissions
- 07/03/2016Consultation on market-based measures to reduce the climate change impact from international aviation
- 16/12/2015Consultation on the functioning of the Auctioning Regulation pursuant to the scheme for greenhouse gas emission allowances trading within the Community (EU ETS).
- 19/10/2015Public consultation to support the evaluation of the car labelling Directive
- 26/03/2015Consultation on addressing greenhouse gas emissions from agriculture and LULUCF in the context of the 2030 EU climate and energy framework
- 26/03/2015Consultation on the preparation of a legislative proposal on the effort of Member States to reduce their greenhouse gas emissions to meet the European Union's greenhouse gas emission reduction commitment in a 2030 perspective
- 19/12/2014Consultation on revision of the EU Emission Trading System (EU ETS) Directive
- 08/05/2014Consultation on Emission Trading System (ETS) post-2020 carbon leakage provisions
- 21/06/2013Consultation on the policy options for market-based measures to reduce the climate change impact from international aviation
- 06/06/2013Consultation on methodology for Commission Decision determining the list of sectors and subsectors deemed exposed to a significant risk of carbon leakage, for the period 2015-2019
- 28/03/2013Consultation on the Green Paper on a 2030 framework for climate and energy policies
- 26/03/2013Consultation on the 2015 International Climate Change Agreement: Shaping international climate policy beyond 2020
- 04/03/2013Consultation on registry arrangements to facilitate linking with the EU Emissions Trading System
- 07/12/2012Consultation on structural options to strengthen the EU Emissions Trading System
- 25/07/2012Consultation on review of the auction time profile for the EU Emissions Trading System
- 21/05/2012Consultation on the Preparation of the EU Adaptation Strategy
- 19/01/2012Including maritime transport emissions in the EU's greenhouse gas reduction commitment
- 26/09/2011Consultation on reducing fluorinated greenhouse gas emissions – Further action at EU level
- 16/09/2011Reducing CO2 emissions from road vehicles
- 15/04/2011Consultation on the EU ETS Monitoring & Reporting Regulation and EU ETS Accreditation & Verification Regulation
- 07/03/2011Public consultation on the Revision of Decision 280/2004/EC (Monitoring Mechanism Decision)
- 08/12/2010DG MARKT consultation on the review of the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID)
- 06/12/2010Consultation on Auctioning third phase EU Allowances prior to 2013 ('early auctions')
- 27/10/2010Roadmap for a low carbon economy by 2050
- 10/09/2010Public consultation on the role of EU agriculture and forestry in achieving the EU's climate change commitments
- 25/08/2010Public consultation on a measure to introduce further quality restrictions on the use of credits from industrial gas projects
- 01/02/2010Public consultation in preparation of an analytical report on the impact of the international climate negotiations on the situation of energy intensive sectors
- 03/06/2009Public consultation on future ETS auctioning rules
- 21/08/2008Towards a comprehensive and ambitious post-2012 climate change agreement
- 15/03/2007Public consultation on the implementation of the renewed strategy to reduce CO2 emissions from passenger cars and light-commercial vehicles