Navigation path


If you're interested in research, there are several options. To become a member of permanent staff, you have to get through an open competition exam. Find out more...

However, if you're interested in temporary opportunities, you may also find a lot of useful information on CORDIS - the Community R&D Information Service. In particular, you will find information on:

  • how to submit your spontaneous application for a temporary contract, via ELSA (the External staff on Line Submission Application). This database is regularly consulted by the Commission's Directorates-General which are involved in the research sector;
  • calls for interest for independent experts for the evaluation, monitoring and reviewing of proposals;
  • pre- and post-doctoral research positions (fellowships).

A look at the Joint Research Centre is also worthwhile for visiting scientists and traineeship programmes.

Commission civil service