Call 2016: Projects
The call is based on the third programme for the Union's action in the field of health (2014-2020) and the Annual Work-Programme 2016.
The 2016 work plan sets out details of the financing mechanisms and priority areas for action to implement the programme.
Following technical issues experienced on 02/06/2016 the deadline of the call HP-PJ-2016 has been extended until 03/06/2016 at 17:00:00, Brussels local time
Applicants must be legally established organisations, public authorities, public sector bodies, in particular research and health institutions, universities and higher education establishments.
Applicants participating in a project proposal have to be different legal entities (i.e. independent from each other) from at least 3 countries participating in the Health Programme.
Only applications from entities established in one the following countries are eligible:
- EU Member States;
- Iceland, Norway, Serbia;
- Countries which have a bilateral agreement with the European Union in accordance with Article 6 of Regulation (EU) No 282/2014 on the establishment of a third Health Programme for the Union’s action in the field of health (2014-2020).
SUBMISSION of PROPOSALS:
Proposals can only be submitted electronically via the Electronic Exchange System of the EU Research & Innovation Participant Portal. Electronic submission through Participant Portal is available. Please consult this page regularly for updates.
If your organization is not in the electronic registration system for the
FP 7 / HORIZON 2020 and other Programmes i.e. you do not have a 9-digit PIC-number (participant identification code), please register on the Participant Portal.
- Call text
- Work programme 2016
- Template for the technical part of the proposal
- Model Grant agreement
- Guide for applicants - Updated 15/04/2016
- Third Health Programme countries gross national income
To receive EU financial support for a project, i.e. to be a coordinator or other beneficiary, the organisation needs to be legally established in:
- The European Union (any of the 28 Member States), or
- An EFTA country, party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area (Iceland, Norway).
Organizations from other countries can only participate as subcontractors or collaborating stakeholders.
Type of organisation
Grants can be awarded to legally established legally established public, non-governmental or private bodies including public authorities, public sector bodies, in particular research and health institutions, universities and higher education establishments. They can submit a project proposal as the coordinator or participate as other beneficiary.
There is no minimum number of partners for a proposal to be eligible. However, please note that a new award criterion is included on the geographical coverage of the proposals: proposed activities must be carried out in at least 3 countries eligible under the 3rd Health Programme and these activities must be carried out in areas which are particularly affected by the high influx of refugees.
Projects under the call can receive up to 60 or 80 percent co-financing of eligible costs.
Please note that overheads (indirect costs) are not eligible for the applicants receiving an operating grant from the Union budget during the period in question.
The following general principles apply to funding for projects:
- Co-financing rule: you need to have your own financial resources or financial resources of third parties to contribute to the costs of the project;
- Non-profit rule: the grant may not have the purpose or effect of producing a profit for you;
- Non-retroactivity rule: you can get co-funding only for the costs incurred after the starting date stipulated in the grant agreement;
- Non-cumulative rule: each action may give rise to the award of only one grant to any one beneficiary (you cannot get paid twice for the same cost).
All projects should:
- provide high added value at EU level,
- be relevant for the objectives and priorities defined in the current annual work plan of the 3rd Health Programme.
- be innovative, and
- last no longer than three years
If you have questions please contact the Chafea Helpdesk at CHAFEA-HP-CALLS@ec.europa.eu