This treaty sets out the:
- general principles governing budget procedures (and the principle of budgetary discipline) (Article 310)
- principle of funding the budget from own resources (Article 311)
- multiannual financial framework – annual expenditure ceilings for at least 5 years (Article 312)
- schedule for the financial year (Articles 313 – 316)
- procedures for budget implementation and control, and confers the necessary powers (Articles 317 – 319).
See here articles 310 – 324 in the Treaty on the Functioning of the EU
Largely addresses the budget for funding the EU's common foreign and security policy.