Open Doors Day of the European Commission 2017
Through a playful and interactive walk by 30 stands, this 25th edition of the OPENDAY in the Berlaymont will present the main policies of the EU, highlighting the 60th anniversary of the Rome Treaties, the 5 scenario's on the future of Europe, the European Solidarity Corps and the 30th anniversary of the Erasmus+ Programme.
A series of mini citizen's dialogues in the Schuman room will give you the opportunity to talk directly with personalities of the European Commission.
The Berlaymont entrance will be decorated with birds in origami. Adults and children will be able to experience the magic world of science, produce energy on a dancing floor and enter into ‘regions in the air,’ take flight and start looking for clues. To mark the 15th anniversary of the Euro, a Euro collector space will let you exchange your Euro coins.
You will be able to play on touch screen games and on a giant EU map, while tasting some European delicacies, discover state-of-the-art agriculture technologies or have a look inside the 'real' Emergency Response Coordination Centre through satellite images.
Experts will show you what the European Union is doing to protect citizens against dangerous chemicals, guarantee cleaner air and water, boost the transition to a circular economy, prevent radicalisation, and much more...
More than 150 European civil servants on site will offer visitors time to chat, play, explain, and share personal experiences about European policies, thus contributing to bringing the EU always closer to its citizens. Exceptionally, the press room of the Berlaymont will be open to visitors.
Outdoor activities on the Esplanade will propose a full musical programme, together with many circus performers ready to entertain all of the 10 000 expected visitors. Do not forget to also pass by Schuman square for the 5th edition of “la Fête du Pain”, where professionals will share their passion, art and know-how through numerous activities (such as culinary workshops and bread tasting from the different regions of Europe).
Commissioners Günther Oettinger and Carlos Moedas will honour the event with their presence.
For the third time, Radio BXFM 104.3 will be our partner and will broadcast live from the Berlaymont's radio studio throughout the day.
Free entrance from 10.00 to 18.00 – last entrance at 17.30
Event manager contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Using Space for a better life on Earth: Galileo and Copernicus are for us!
- Erasmus+ 30th anniversary
- EU Science around the clock!
- Social Europe
- Dancing for the future – cleaner energy, better climate
- Regions in the air
- Roam like at home / Go online abroad like at home/ .eu domain
- Top secret experience 2
- EU Careers
- Want to work in a genuinely multicultural environment?
- Translating for Europe
- Join the European Commission's interpreters in a real conference room and try to be a simultaneous interpreter yourself
- Be a fraud fighter for the day!
- Euros Exchange Area: 15 years of Euros in your pocket!
- Come and celebrate 15 years of euro coins and banknotes
- European Investment Plan - #InvestEU
- Do you know what the European Central Bank (ECB) does and why?
- EU budget focused on results
- European Court of Auditors: guardians of the EU finances
- From farm to fork, sustainable food for our future
- EU Crisis Response 24/7 – Getting help to where it's needed
- The European Commission's science and knowledge service, the Joint Research Centre: Science for Society
- Data protection in action
- Publications Office of the European Union
- Free and easy access to European Statistics
- What do EU environmental policies do for you?
- Prevention of Radicalisation
- Past designs the future
- Stand No. 31 of the Representation of the European Commission in Belgium
- Fête du Pain on the Schuman roundabout