Nobel Peace Prize® 2012 award ceremony:
3 minutes edit from the Nobel lecture by Herman VAN ROMPUY, President of the European Council
Lieu: Commission , Oslo, Norway
End production: 10/12/2012 First transmission: 10/12/2012
Nobel Peace Prize® 2012 award ceremony special restrictions:
- No live access in Norway
- No alteration of content
- No sponsorship billboards or commercials may be attached to the Material
- No archive rights
- No resale
- Use correct copyright credit
- Transmission of the ceremony live only with 1 repeat within 48 hours
- No other use allowed
- No download, no streaming
- Include in the closing credits the text © Nobel Media AB 2012 and the Nobel Media's correct logotype as supplied at the end of the live transmission
- Include in the closing credits the NRK logotype and the text "produced by NRK" as supplied at the end of the transmission
3 minutes edits:
- Broadcast and streaming in television and online scheduled news and current affairs programs only
- No download
- No re-use of any material after 10th January 2013
- Maximum 3 minutes edits
- Credit © Nobel Media for a minimum period of 5 seconds
Only the original language version is authentic and it prevails in the event of its differing from the translated versions.
||Arrival of Herman Van Rompuy, President of the European Council
||SOUNDBITE by Herman Van Rompuy (In English) saying that: Here in Oslo, I want to pay homage to all the Europeans who dreamt of a continent at peace with itself, and to all those who day by day make this dream a reality.
This award belongs to them. (Applause)
||SOUNDBITE by Herman Van Rompuy (In English) saying that: But symbolic gestures alone cannot cement peace.
This is where the European Union's "secret weapon" comes into play: an unrivalled way of binding our interests so tightly that war becomes materially impossible. Through constant negotiations, on ever more topics, between ever more countries. It's the golden rule of Jean Monnet: "Mieux vaut se disputer autour d'une table que sur un champ de bataille." ("Better fight around a table than on a battle-field.")
||SOUNDBITE by Herman Van Rompuy (In English) saying that: Admittedly, some aspects can be puzzling, and not only to outsiders. Ministers from landlocked countries passionately discussing fish-quota. Europarlementarians from Scandinavia debating the price of olive oil.
The Union has perfected the art of compromise. (Applause)
No drama of victory or defeat, but ensuring all countries emerge victorious from talks.
||Cutaway of the European heads of states
||SOUNDBITE by Herman Van Rompuy (In English) saying that: after 1945 and united in 1989, has a great capacity to reinvent itself. It is to the next generations to take this common adventure further. I hope they will seize this responsibility with pride. And that they will be able to say, as we here today: Ich bin ein Europäer. Je suis fier d'être européen. I am proud to be European.
||General view of the applause