Nobel Peace Prize® 2012 award ceremony:
3 minutes edit from the speech by Thorbjørn JAGLAND, Chair of the Nobel Committee
Lieu: Commission , Oslo, Norway
End production: 10/12/2012 First transmission: 10/12/2012
Nobel Peace Prize® 2012 award ceremony special restrictions:
- No live access in Norway
- No alteration of content
- No sponsorship billboards or commercials may be attached to the Material
- No archive rights
- No resale
- Use correct copyright credit
- Transmission of the ceremony live only with 1 repeat within 48 hours
- No other use allowed
- No download, no streaming
- Include in the closing credits the text © Nobel Media AB 2012 and the Nobel Media's correct logotype as supplied at the end of the live transmission
- Include in the closing credits the NRK logotype and the text "produced by NRK" as supplied at the end of the transmission
3 minutes edits:
- Broadcast and streaming in television and online scheduled news and current affairs programs only
- No download
- No re-use of any material after 10th January 2013
- Maximum 3 minutes edits
- Credit © Nobel Media for a minimum period of 5 seconds
Only the original language version is authentic and it prevails in the event of its differing from the translated versions.
||Arrival of Thorbjørn Jagland, Chair of the Nobel Committee
||SOUNDBITE by Thorbjørn Jagland (In English) saying that: In the light of the financial crisis that is affecting so many innocent people, we can see that the political framework in which the Union is rooted is more important now than ever. We must stand together. We have collective responsibility. Without this European cooperation, the result might easily have been new protectionism, new nationalism, with the risk that the ground gained would be lost.
||SOUNDBITE by Thorbjørn Jagland (In English) saying that: The reconciliation between Germany and France is probably the most dramatic example in history to show that war and conflict can be turned so rapidly into peace and cooperation.
The presence here today of German Chancellor Angela Merkel and French President François Hollande makes this day particularly symbolic I believe.
||SOUNDBITE by Thorbjørn Jagland (In English) saying that: We are not gathered here today in the belief that the EU is perfect. We are gathered in the belief that here in Europe we must solve our problems together. For that purpose we need institutions that can enter into the necessary compromises.
||SOUNDBITE by Thorbjørn Jagland (In English) saying that: We are bound together, living together (repeating in different languages).
Congratulation to Europe; in the end we decided to live together and may good government continue to prevail. It is up to us, congratulations to all Europeans.
||General view of the audience