VNR: Integration of Immigrants: A challenge for Europe
This VNR contains 5 films:
- Interview of Franco Frattini, Vice-President of the EC.
- "Year of Education for Immigrants": As a result of internaitonal mobility and migration, diversity has long been a reality in German society and schools. Marina Kadner supervised a competition between schools known as "integration@school" to identify the best projects for the integration of immigrant children, to encourage their implementation and to disseminate the results throughout Europe.
- "Common Values": How can dialogue be established between individuals of differents denominations? How can the coexistence of different secular and religious systems be encouraged? Andrea Marchesini has an answer: comic strips.
- "I'm no Genius": Life of Pie Tshibanda who had to flee the Congo in 1995 to escape ethnic purification.
- "A Boxer in Parliament": For Bea diallo, sport has no colour but it gives responsibilities to those who choose it as their occupation. Sports figures and artists, as well as young people and fans take their turn in the ring.
- "Julie Asunción": Julie Asunción who left the Phillipines, has become a nurse and has joined the ranks of the National Health Service, Britain's biggest employer. SHOTLISTSHOTLIST