This video stockshot on fisheries in the Mediterranean Sea includes footage of the following:
- Fishermen's lives - Greece and Italy;
- Fishing ports - Cyprus, Greece, Italy and Spain;
- Aquaculture - Cyprus and Greece;
- Fish Auctions and Markets - Cyprus, Greece, Italy and Spain;
- Fish restaurants - Cyprus and Spain;
- Ancillary activities - Greece and Spain.
Europe is surrounded by oceans and seas. The EU has some 70 000 km of coastline. Almost half of all EU citizens live within 50 km of the sea and almost 40% of the EU’s GDP is generated in the maritime regions.
Fisheries in the Mediterranean Sea are mostly characterised by small scale vessels (less than 12 m), carrying out multi-species and multi-gear activities, as well as by the multiplicity of landing points. As the majority of its waters fall under international jurisdiction, cooperation is important among both EU and non-EU coastal countries. SHOTLIST
Type: Stockshots [long] Reference: I-071271 Date: 01/11/2011 Duration: 59:00Location:Angelochori,Angelochori - Port,Cyprus,Greece,Limassol,Limassol - Port,Mazara del Vallo,Mazara del Vallo - Harbour,Mazara del Vallo - Old Port,Nea Michaniona,Nea Michaniona - Port,Valence - Port,Valencia,Zygi - Port Languages:ORIGINAL,