These video stockshots include pictures from the signing of the Treaty of Rome in 1957 until the Luxembourg Council of December 1997, where the principle of the Euro Council (Euro X) was adopted.
The stockshots give an account of the most important events, phases and decisions taken in the history of the European Union, as well as the consequences of the EMU and the creation of a single currency .
- Part I : 1957-1971 «From the Marjolin Plan to the Werner Plan»
- Part II : 1972-1985 «From the Snake to the European Monetary System»
- Part III : 1986-1989 «Towards EMU»
- Part IV : 1990-1994 «EMU - 1st Phase»
- Part V : 1995-1998 «EMU – 2nd Phase»
Type: HISTORY Reference: I-026427 Date: 06/02/1998 Duration: 50:29