Photographer: Ludvig Thunman
Visit of Connie Hedegaard, Member of the EC, to Copenhagen, in the framework of the "A World you like" campaign
Connie Hedegaard, Member of the EC in charge of Climate Action, travelled to Copenhagen, as part of the "A World you like" campaign. On 19 and 20 September, city planning specialists came from all across the EU to the Danish capital Copenhagen to show sustainable solutions in practice. Participating city planners came from Bulgaria, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Lithuania, Poland, and the UK.
In the framework of "The city we like" study visit, the participants were able to visit the following sites:
- Amager Resource Centre (ARC), a waste incineration plant that supplies the city with electricity and district heat while also offering a ski slope on the roof;
- Playhouse of the Royal Theatre, with an innovative energy saving system and elevation to meet sea level rise;
- The award-winning 8 house, combining business and housing in one big sustainable complex;
- The Vildrose project, offering affordable sustainable housing;
- The energy-neutral business headquarters of Ramboll.
Henrik Schmidt, partner architect at Lundgaard & Tranberg Architects
Window of the upper floor of one of the Vildrose low-energy prefabricated housing complex
View of the back facade of a low-energy prefabricated building. The construction is part ...
Søren Rasmussen, architect from ONV Architects
A person taking pictures of the building of the city of Copenhagen
Presentation by Lars Ostenfeld Riemann, Group Market Director of Buildings Ramboll
The facades of the buildings of the Ramboll group
Visitors discovering the "8 house" project
Exterior view of the building, which is part of the "8 house" project
Visitors taking pictures of the view from the buiding, which is part of the "8 house" ...
David Zahle, Partner architect at BIG
Exterior view of the "8 house" building